When it comes to home improvement projects, window replacements can feel like a daunting task. With the numerous products, process options and contractors to consider, it can easily become very overwhelming. That’s why it is so important to pick the right contractor. Many times it is difficult to know the right questions to ask of a window contractor to ensure your window replacement gets done right. That’s why we’ve put together this handy list of questions to ask potential contractors.
- How long have you been in business?
- Where are you located and would you charge additional fees to come to my house?
- Do you carry insurance and can you show it to me?
- Do you have a contracting license?
- If a permit or inspection is needed, do you set that up?
- What’s the payment schedule and how long will it take to complete?
- Who will be working on my project?
- Do you offer a warranty for both your services and the materials used?
- How do you clean up and protect my home?
- Can you provide references?
If you want to impress and surprise your potential contractor ask him/her these questions:
- Would it cost less money to replace all my existing glass to a more energy efficient glass in my existing windows-doors or would it be best to do entire replacements with a more energy efficient overall assembly including frames?
- Can you replace my existing windows with a retrofit type assembly minimizing the impact on existing surrounding substrates?
- Can you make my existing glass panes more secure by applying a clear security film to the interior surface?
Take a look at all of our Residential Services
Demers Glass offers a wide range of services to help with your residential home improvements including window repair & replacements, glass tinting, shower enclosures, retractable screens and solar/insect screens, glass tabletops for your kitchen or coffee table and countertops and fireplace glass.